Technological advances and the increased focus on precision medicine have recently paved the way for the development of digital pathology-based approaches for quantitative pathologic assessments, namely whole slide imaging and artificial intelligence (AI)–based solutions, allowing us to explore and extract information beyond human visual perception.
However, there are several difficulties encountered in the practical use of AI in clinical diagnosis. These include the lack of sufficient annotated data for the development and validation of AI systems, the explainability of black box AI models and the difficulty in defining the ground truth data for training and validation.
All of these together present significant challenges in the development and clinical translation of AI methods in the practice of pathology.
We intend to serve this in-person event as a platform to discuss the above challenges and provide the attendees an opportunity to exchange expertise, experiences and actionable information through real time discussions.
Our Industry Leading Speaker Panel will present on a variety of subject areas including:
“Going digital / AI in urological pathology – real world experience and case studies”.
“Recent advances in predictions and classification Of mismatch repair proficiency in colorectal cancer”.
“Use of AI in routine Cellular Pathology practice”.
“AI in pathology… what are people saying?”.
“Panel Discussions covering topics such as:
– The Role of the pathologist.
– Transparency and interpretability.
– Regulatory approval of AI tools.
– Financial return on investment.
– Can AI algorithms replace human tasks in realism?
What to expect
- Case studies and presentations from the experts on applications of AI in digital pathology
- Live interaction with senior speakers
- Panel discussions
- Agenda geared towards networking and close collaboration
- 1-2-1 Partnering Meetings
- CPD Accredited (9 points available)
- Networking breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- Hands-on product/software demos from the industry’s leading tech providers
- Evening drinks reception
We look forward to welcoming you in London!