Developing an effective business case for deploying DP can be one of the most daunting tasks a department can face. Your priority should be to define your “use cases” – how users will interact with the technology to achieve specific goals.
Implementing a phased deployment allows for a gradual integration and accrual of skills in both the diagnostic laboratory and the reporting desk.
Our Leeds Guide outlines and recommends some use cases for your institution:
- Use of digital pathology for primary diagnosis for pathological specimens
- Assessment of immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Multi-disciplinary team (MDT)/tumour board
- Receiving and requesting second opinions/review cases
- Remote diagnosis
- Insourcing/outsourcing of diagnostic work
To learn more ways to transform your lab, click below and download our Leeds Guide today.
For clinical use in the US under temporary FDA COVID-19 Enforcement Discretion Only