As a preferred supplier for Roche Basel, we are looking for an individual as Biomedical Data Curation and Anonymization Specialist (contract for 12 months, with possible extension). The earliest start date is 01.11.2021 or within 3 months.
- Run data anonymization algorithms on digital pathology images, image metadata, clinical data, and genetic data
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of digital pathology image/data anonymization algorithms
- Use and improve metadata storage and management tools
- Manage digital pathology project data, curate image, clinical, and genetic metadata
- Support data transfers and ingestion from internal and external parties, carry out technical quality control on ingested data
- Communicate with external data providers about data transfer requirements, share technical issues with vendors, oversee and contribute to their resolution
- Work closely with groups across the organization to locate and access data from diverse company internal systems
- Min. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field, or 3+ years working experience in a data curation, data anonymization or data management role
- Experience with general tools and techniques used in anonymization workflows and practical experience with R and Python
- Demonstrated communication skills of technical information, both understanding and expressing requirements from stakeholders with a high level of bioinformatics expertise (i.e. an ability to both work with and communicate about large datasets containing imaging, clinical, demographic, genetic etc. data)
- Practical experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in managing large datasets
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently, follow up on verbal discussions with concrete action steps, and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Open to embrace new ideas and ability to operate in a flexible manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong partnerships
- “Self-starter”; strong sense of responsibility with demonstrable comfort in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Good problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding, anticipating interdependencies.