Biomedical Data Curation and Anonymization Specialist (m/w/d)- Data / AWS /clinical /English / Azure
For our customer a big pharmaceutical company based in Basel we are looking for a Biomedical Data Curation and Anonymization Specialist
The individual contributor as a skilled Biomedical Data Curation and Anonymization Specialist (DCAS) will support research and development projects in digital pathology. The DCAS will curate pathology image datasets and associated metadata so that they are well organized and accurate, and will apply data anonymization tools to anonymize digital pathology images and associated image, clinical and genetic metadata. The DCAS will work with multiple stakeholders to locate, transfer, and prepare the data for use by pathologists and data scientists.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The DCAS will be responsible for ensuring digital pathology (DP) images and multidimensional associated metadata ingested into the DP storage platform are well organized, anonymized and meet technical quality standards required for DP algorithm development. The role will not require visual assessment of image content; however, previous experience working with DP or other imaging modalities will help the successful candidate accomplish the listed tasks:
- Run data anonymization algorithms on digital pathology images, image metadata, clinical data, and genetic data
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of digital pathology image/data anonymization algorithms
- Use and improve metadata storage and management tools
- Manage digital pathology project data, curate image, clinical, and genetic metadata
- Support data transfers and ingestion from internal and external parties, carry out technical quality control on ingested data
- Communicate with external data providers about data transfer requirements, share technical issues with vendors, oversee and contribute to their resolution
- Work closely with groups across the organization to locate and access data from diverse company internal systems
- Min. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field, or 3+ years working experience in a data curation, data anonymization or data management role
- Experience with general tools and techniques used in anonymization workflows and practical experience with R and Python
- Demonstrated communication skills of technical information, both understanding and expressing requirements from stakeholders with a high level of bioinformatics expertise (i.e. an ability to both work with and communicate about large datasets containing imaging, clinical, demographic, genetic etc. data)
- Practical experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in managing large datasets
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently, follow up on verbal discussions with concrete action steps, and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Open to embrace new ideas and ability to operate in a flexible manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong partnerships
- „Self-starter“; strong sense of responsibility with demonstrable comfort in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Good problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding, anticipating interdependencies.
- Prior experience with digital pathology or imaging and clinical data
- Familiarity with Data modeling
- Familiarity with database software and organizational systems such as LIMS
Reference No.: 920690SGR
Role: Biomedical Data Curation and Anonymization Specialist
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Contact us for further information regarding our company, our positions or our attractive payroll-only-program: +41 41 760 77 01.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT and Life Science candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.