Source BioScience Limited is an international provider of integrated state of the art Laboratory Services and Products. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in UK, Europe and the USA, Source BioScience is a fully owned subsidiary of SourceBio International plc, which listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in October 2020.
Thanks to our continued expansion we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Biomedical Scientist to join our Cellular Pathology laboratory based in Nottingham.
You should be visionary and have a flair for pushing the boundaries of routine practice to innovate and develop a future proof first class service, meeting and exceeding KPI’s.
We are specifically looking for an experienced HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist with a background in cellular pathology/Histopathology, to assist and support in the provision of all laboratory activities to facilitate provision of a high-quality cellular pathology service.
Working within key performance indicators (KPI’s) to provide a quality and timely service for patients.
To specialise in Quality or Training (as defined at appraisal).
Co-ordinating & supervising training portfolio/certificate completion.
Ensuring the Quality agenda is embedded and delivered by the whole team.
Strong working relationships with the senior biomedical scientists, laboratory scientists and medical laboratory assistants, taking direction from senior biomedical scientist staff when necessary.
- To participate in (following suitable training) areas of the laboratory services including:
- Histopathological processes (including sample booking in/receipt, cut up scribe, macro typing, embedding, microtomy, quality procedures, filing blocks and slides, digital pathology).
- Perform direct specimen transfer of A&B category specimens.
- Dissection of A-C category specimens.
- H&E QC.
- Perform special stains and QC.
- Perform Immunohistochemistry and QC.
- To facilitate timely QC of the same day process cases.
- Antibody lot testing and optimisation.
- DNA preparation processes.
- Investigate poor/borderline EQA result.
- Troubleshoot equipment break-down.
- Digital pathology process and image QC.
- Validation/verification of reagents, protocols and equipment.
- To assist in the general duties of all laboratory areas including:
- Receipt/testing/preparation of reagents.
- Completion of tasks on laboratory task lists.
- Calibration, monitoring and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitoring and maintenance of stock levels.
- Management of waste and general ‘house-keeping’ duties.
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy working environment.
- To carry out all work to specified standards directed by professional bodies including the Institute of Biomedical Scientists (IBMS), Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)/ISO:15189 and MHRA Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- To maintain HCPC membership.
- To collaboratively administer the UKNEQAS CPT scheme.
- To assist the Laboratory service manager in the trial of new equipment.
- To complete and keep up to date all training and competencies.
- To deliver training/CPD.
- Attend any training endeavours as appropriate to your role or as reasonably requested by your Line Manager.
- To train others when you have been signed off as able to train.
- To lead by example, demonstrating professionalism to all colleagues.
- To line manage the trainee BMS team.
- To communicate any concerns/issues to your line manager, as and when they arise to enable effective management.
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures and associated documents.
- Participate in change control, non-conformance investigation, process improvement, validation and verification, ensuring high quality processes are always maintained.
- To comply with all quality control procedures to support maintenance of the Source Bioscience Quality Management System.
- To provide cover as appropriate for customer support staff, medical laboratory assistants, laboratory scientists and senior biomedical scientist staff.
- To respect the confidentiality of all matters that may be learned relating to service users, employment and other members of staff.
- To dress and act in a professional manner at all times.
- To lead by example, demonstrating professionalism to colleagues commensurate with post.
- To comply with safe working practices in accordance with Company safety policies.
- To participate in the Annual Joint Staff Review process, in accordance with Company Policy.
- To support other areas of the business as requested by your line manager, following suitable training.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with grade and experience.
- Tangible experience working in Cellular Pathology / Cell Path.
- HCPC registered
Death in Service
Employee Assistance Programme
Medicash health cash plan
Shopping & leisure discount portal
Virtual GP Service
mProve Yourself health and wellbeing resources
Able Futures Mental Health support
33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
An extra day off on your birthday
Cycle to work scheme
Discounted private healthcare
Posted 1 day ago