For our client, a global leader in healthcare, we are looking for a Clinical Data Specialist who has been working on sensitive patient data. You would be responsible for the anonymization and curation of the data in order to analyze and transfer it. On top of that you would be working on the improvement of metadata storage and data management tools.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Run data anonymization algorithms on digital pathology images, image metadata, clinical data, and genetic data
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of digital pathology image/data anonymization algorithms
- Use and improve metadata storage and management tools
- Manage digital pathology project data, curate image, clinical, and genetic metadata
- Support data transfers and ingestion from internal and external parties, carry out technical quality control on ingested data
- Communicate with external data providers about data transfer requirements, share technical issues with vendors, oversee and contribute to their resolution
- Min. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field, or 3+ years working experience in a data curation, data anonymization or data management role
- Experience with general tools and techniques used in anonymization workflows
- Practical experience with R and Python
- Demonstrated communication skills of technical information, both understanding and expressing a high level of bioinformatics expertise (i.e. an ability to both work with and communicate about large datasets containing imaging, clinical, demographic, genetic etc. data)
- Practical experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in managing large datasets
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Open to embrace new ideas and ability to operate in a flexible manner
- “Self-starter”; strong sense of responsibility with demonstrable comfort in an entrepreneurial environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with digital pathology or imaging and clinical data
- Familiarity with Data modeling
- Familiarity with database software and organizational systems such as LIMS
If you are a motivated Data Specialist who has worked in a clinical environment before, this is the role for you! We look forward to receiving your application!