Full Job Description
Clinical Research Scientist
Castle Biosciences Inc. is growing, and we are looking to hire two full-time Clinical Research Scientist in our Pittsburgh, PA location, with a preferred start date of February 1, 2022. This position earns a competitive base pay plus an annual achievable bonus as well as company restricted stock units (RSUs). We also offer exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, vision, an employer match of 100% on 6% of the employee’s contribution in a retirement plan, 10 paid holidays including Good Friday, day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, 20 days of paid time off (PTO) earned incrementally after each payroll (no “use it or lose it” policy), and an annual performance review with the possibility of a raise commensurate with market and performance indicators. Our employee turnover is less than 5%. You don’t find a work culture like ours every day. We are filled with a team of colleagues that love working at Castle! If this sounds like the right opportunity in the essential biotech field for you, consider applying today!
Achievable Annual Bonus + Company Stock + Excellent Benefit Package + 30 paid days off annually
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A Clinical Research Scientist
Reporting to the Vice President Spatialomics, GI, and working from the Pittsburgh, PA, office, the Clinical Research Scientist will design and execute studies to develop, optimize and validate workflow automation tools, equipment and procedures related to the TissueCypher Barrett’s Esophagus Assay and pipeline spatialomics-based assays to improve quality while reducing cost of testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. This position requires comprehensive or specialized knowledge of the laboratory.
- PH.D., or Master’s degree in scientific discipline or equivalent with 4-7 years’ experience in a research and/or development environment.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, successful collaboration with others, and independent
Preferred 4 years laboratory experience in High Complexity testing plus QA training
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with multiplexed immunolabeling techniques, digital pathology, image analysis and image processing software
- Organizational skills, Computer skills and databases, Time management skills, Problem solving skills, Strong communication skills
- Hands on research experience in both basic and clinical research
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality control purpose and procedures
- Independent thinker, able to read, understand, and apply scientific research publications toward development of clinical and basic research assays
- Experience in writing research articles for peer reviewed scientific publications
- Working knowledge of advanced statistics
- Demonstrated experience in completing all steps required for development and validation of new assays
- Ability to initiate and direct troubleshooting and problem-solving tasks
- Clinical Lab methodologies, General regulatory requirements, laboratory techniques
- Laboratory QA requirements, Knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, and databases
- Computers, Analytical laboratory instruments, Reference materials, QA policies, Procedures
- Personal protective equipment when in laboratory areas
Strong ability to work in a fast-paced, technical, team-oriented, standard operating procedure-driven environment
- Support vision and mission of the Laboratory
- Team leadership skills: ability to answer questions, identify and troubleshoot problems, report issues and resolutions to supervisors
- Shows initiative in maintenance of testing records
- Maintains confidentiality of all work information (essential)
- Desire to learn and gain experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization, clients, and outside agencies
- Analyze problems and effect solutions
- Ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate reliability through consistent performance/attendance
- Desire to mentor other staff members
- Demonstrate independent thinking, problem identification and problem-solving ability
- Majority of time spent in typical laboratory areas. Potential exposure to caustic, corrosive chemicals or bio-hazardous samples exists when in laboratory areas.
This full-time position typically works Monday – Friday, regular business hours, in our Pittsburgh, PA location
READY TO JOIN OUR BIOTECH TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right position for you, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
ABOUT CASTLE BIOSCIENCES INC.
Founded in 2008, we develop and commercialize diagnostic and prognostic tests for dermatologic and esophageal cancers. Our tests provide clinically actionable, tumor-specific genomic information to enable more accurate treatment plan decisions. We believe that the traditional approach to developing a treatment plan for dermatologic cancers, using clinical and pathology factors alone, is inadequate and can be improved by incorporating personalized genomic information. We also have active research and development programs for other dermatologic diseases with a high clinical need.
The work of our employees directly influences our reputation. We are glad that our employees chose to join us, and work to ensure that they find their work to be both challenging and rewarding. We behave with integrity and treat our colleagues with respect and kindness. Our culture fosters an environment of transparency and teamwork. We prioritize and encourage internal growth and professional development.
** No third-party recruiters, please
Castle Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly and team-oriented environment.