Presage Biosciences, Inc.
From $43,383 a year
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Presage Biosciences, Inc. is an innovative oncology company with a novel platform for assessing new drugs and drug combinations in solid tumors. Our proprietary technology platform, CIVO®, enables simultaneous injection and downstream pharmacodynamic analysis of investigational drugs in the tumor microenvironment. We have an active portfolio of Phase 0 clinical research in the United States and Australia.
Presage is a privately held company, headquartered in the vibrant South Lake Union area of Seattle, WA.
We are looking for a Clinical Scientist, Translational Lead to be an integral part of our team. The selected candidate is responsible for the analysis pipeline of ex vivo human tumor samples that have been surgically resected following injection with microdose quantities of drug via the CIVO device. Your contribution will inform both the early drug-development pipeline of our Pharma partners and personalized medicine decisions for patients, elucidating Mechanism of Action of candidate therapeutics in the most reliable context: a human tumor. This role will be a primary interface between Clinical, Histology, Image Analysis, and Bioinformatic collaborators to direct workflow, interpret findings, and synthesize conclusions based on observed responses to drug in the tumor microenvironment.
The selected candidate is scientifically curious, analytical, and possesses a deep understanding of tumor biology and immune oncology. They are able to navigate scientific complexity whilst focusing on producing high-quality deliverables. The right candidate thrives in a dynamic environment, is passionate working in a space of discovery, and is able to effectively coordinate actions and deliverables across a cross-functional team. A collaborative attitude and positive ethos are leveraged in navigating important external relationships with our Pharma partners and our clinical Site network.
This is a unique opportunity within an emerging company to lead, create, and develop high-impact initiatives that directly affect company objectives and growth.
- Review, interpret, and direct CIVO biomarker data analysis workflow from human tumor samples received at Presage
- Prepare inputs for data summaries and final datasets provided to Pharma partners
- Contribute to the development of quantitative image-based assays of cellular responses within
the tumor microenvironment and generate initial data and analyses of these assays
- Incorporate existing and new analytical tools to elucidate tumor biology including Nanostring GeoMx data, Digital Spatial Profiling tools, and patient response data
- When necessary, develop subject-matter expertise in relevant tumor biology and pathway target engagement areas including literature review and summarization for team decision-making.
- Support the qualification of internally developed immunohistochemical assays in collaboration
with Presage’s Histology team and external pathologists.
- Deliver high quality presentations of scientific data to health care professionals in multiple settings, including with external SMEs, at investigator meetings, and current and prospective Pharma partners
- Contribute to the publication pipeline by preparing abstracts, presentations, and full manuscripts
- Participate in the preparation of scientific content for INDs, IBs/IFUs, Protocols, regulatory briefing documents, and other relevant documentation for submission to the FDA and other
- Manage the pathology review process of all Phase 0 human tissue samples
- PhD in cancer biology, biochemistry, immunology, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience with multiplex fluorescent cell profiling (fluorescence microscopy preferred)
- Strong knowledge of cellular signal transduction, cancer biology, tumor microenvironment, and the immune oncology therapeutic landscape required
- Experience creating and fostering productive professional relationships and engaging in leading-edge science with subject matter experts
- Experience compiling and delivering written and oral scientific presentations
- Ability to develop subject-matter expertise in relevant disease and therapeutic areas (e.g., HNSCC, STS, Breast, Lymphoma)
- Must be able to work well independently and in collaborative team settings
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively manage short deadlines
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail with excellent analytical, critical thinking, and
- organizational skills
- A positive attitude
- Prior experience conducting data acquisition on clinical specimens a plus
- Experience with image analysis software (e.g., HALO), algorithm development, data processing and visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire, GraphPad Prism), spatial biology (e.g., Nanostring DSP) and biostatistics/bioinformatics, a plus
- Experience with digital pathology, histology, immunohistochemistry, multiplexed immunoassays, and digital slide scanning a plus
This is a full-time position. Hybrid working options are available. Travel is anticipated to be less than 10%.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $43,383.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Keeping up with current county & CDC mask guidelines
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98109: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role