The Institute of Pathology and Molecular Pathology at the University of Zurich (Director Prof. Dr. Holger Moch) invites applications for Data Scientist.
- Use innovative and comprehensive approaches to data and develop fundaments for new diagnostic tools to foster better healthcare
- Project-specific development of image analysis and machine learning algorithms for disease classification and patient stratification
- Develop and conduct own research projects based on existing histopathological image sets of immune cell populations from cancer patients
- Promote the development of digital pathology at Zurich University Hospital
- Participate in national and international collaborations involving academia and industry
- Candidates with exceptional qualifications may be granted responsibility for co-supervising MSc, PhD, or MD students on a subject related to their research.
- Scientific publications and presentations at national and international conferences are expected.
- PhD (preferred) or MSc in computer science, engineering, bioinformatics, natural science, biomedical science, statistics, or applied mathematics
- Prior research experience of 1-2 years using digital image analysis and machine learning algorithms, ideally on histopathological images.
- Experience in statistical data analysis and visualization
- Understanding of biomedical image data, especially histopathological images.
- Track record of high quality publications with at least one first-author paper in a peer-reviewed journal or conference.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills; ability to professionally communicate with scientific and lay audiences.
- Interest in real-life application of image analysis to diagnostics
- Excellent English language skills are required
What we offer
About the employer
The University of Zurich is a leading center for several important developments in precision medicine including tumor genomics, proteomics and digital medicine. The
Computational and Translational Pathology Group is spearheading the digitalization of pathology for the analysis of diagnostic tissue samples from clinical workflows and experimental cancer research. The Institute of Pathology and Molecular Pathology is centrally located in Zurich city, one of the most highly ranked cities in regards to safety and living quality in the world. The diagnostic services are fully accredited and are working with the latest technology standards in all areas. The Institute includes tissue pathology / cytology / post-mortem / neuropathology departments, a state-of-the-art molecular pathology laboratory, tissue research facility, centralized tissue bank and cancer registry.
vor 19 Tagen geschaltet