In this role, you have the opportunity to
be an integral member of the Imaging Scanners Systems team. With brain- and man-power you ensure the timely release of high quality products and systems to ensure the continued growth in an agile environment. You will work on the development and implementation of scanner solutions on top of Philips Digital & Computational Pathology (DCP) portfolio, which will help pathologist to improve the quality and speed of their work.
You are responsible for
- The collaboration with external partners, customers, and engineering and research teams in a multi-disciplinary and x-functional setting developing pathology scanners for Philips Digital & Computational Pathology.
- The exploration of the design, the realization, the integration, the testing and the debugging of specific components (e.g. Vision Engine, focus analysis, log-files analysis), and understand and communicate consequences of the design on the architecture.
- Manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Conducting, analyzing and interpreting the results of product experiments and answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- The development of metrics and prototypes that can be used to drive business decisions.
- Driving the collection of new data sets and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Focusing on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeps this outside-in approach in mind for created designs.
- Systematically debugging and assessing in case of technically challenges, define next steps, draw conclusions and present to architects, (senior) system engineers and developers.
- Communicating clearly on progress in a structured and methodical way.
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Performing work in line with the product development processes in accordance with the (medical) quality management system.
- Keeping up-to-date with new technology developments.
You are a part of
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital & Computational Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Digital pathology, which can also be referred to as virtual microscopy, involves the capturing, managing, analyzing and interpreting of digital information from a glass slide containing the tissue that needs to be inspected. Computational pathology uses the power of deep learning and AI powered image analytics to enhance diagnostic precision and transform the next generation of pathologists. We develop our solutions together with the best partners in the industry.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Masters (or PhD degree), preferably in either (applied) Physics, Electrical engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
At least 3 years of experience as a scientist, preferably within the medical industry, with:
- Computer vision, image analysis & processing, machine learning (e.g. deep learning)
- Object detection, feature extraction, segmentation and image recognition
- Statistical modeling & analysis
- Analyzing big data sets, efficient computation and code optimization
- Python, MATLAB, OpenCV, C / C++ (or similar)
- Experience with optical systems
- Developing prototypes and transferring the concept to development, industrialization and service, incl. troubleshooting of the concept as well as the productized software
- Systems and system integration
- Product creation
- Experimental setup designs
- Self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and preferably (is willing to learn) the Dutch language
- Affinity and experience with working in cross functional teams
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, ISO13485, etc.) is preferred
- Focus on Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement
In return, we offer you
A chance to serve a bigger purpose: The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal life come together in meaningful ways.
A competitive salary;
25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.