Baylor College of Medicine
The Digital Pathologist Technician is responsible for overall microscope slides scanning in the Pathology Department, including retrieval, scanning, and creating digital images for pathology review.
- Operates and maintains slide scanners for daily use.
- Reviews schedule of priorities and adjusts workflow accordingly.
- Coordinates receipt of scanning for glass microscope slides from different sources and assesses quality of slide for scanning. Works with requestor as necessary.
- Identifies and document QA deficiencies.
- Troubleshoots scanners and software with IT and/or scanner vendor.
- Maintains CAP, CLIA and OSHA in compliance.
- Places slides in the specified holding areas for loading onto the scanner and/or pick up/delivery.
- Assists with sample organization and tracking.
- Files slides and paperwork.
- Troubleshoots scanners and software.
- Manages scanning projects to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Logs incoming glass slides arriving to the Digital Scanning Area.
- Helps with the maintenance of quality control for glass slides submitted to ensure good image quality.
- Cleans slides and loads into whole slide scanners.
- Ensures appropriate patient information is on the slide.
- Relabels slides as needed.
- Performs a QC check of scanned slides to ensure the tissue is in focus.
- Uploads scans to database.
- High school diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
- AAS degree in Science or related field.
- Experience with digital slide scanning.
- Familiarity with histology or similar laboratory.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.