Full Job Description
Epredia, a global leader in providing solutions for cancer diagnostics, is dedicated to improving lives by enabling our customers to achieve diagnostic excellence. We’re growing quickly and constantly expanding our team. Find a rewarding career with a diverse group of individuals that share a passion to do work that matters and positively impacts patient lives.
Working closely with product development teams (including other software engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, technicians, technical leads, and project managers) to support and implement embedded software solutions for Epredia’s new investment in digital pathology equipment; low level integration with the hardware, production test software, investigative analysis and migration from obsolete hardware.
The software is developed in C/C++ and utilizes modern software development processes within a regulated (BSEN62304) life cycle.
This will be a hybrid role with the engineer primarily working on site in Runcorn, but with some aspects of the work able to be completed in a home based environment.
Essential Job Functions/Skills:
- Excellent C/C++.
- Software engineering tools e.g. IDEs, compilers, build processes, debuggers, emulators and test frameworks.
- Unit and system test in regulated industries.
- Full software development life-cycle.
- Low level communications standards
Desirable Job Functions/Skills:
- Knowledge of BSEN62304.
- Software development experience within the Medical Device sector (or similar highly regulated environment).
- C# and .NET Framework
- Desire to learn new modern C++ embedded techniques.
- Closed loop control systems for motor, temperature and fluid control.
- Reading and understanding circuit diagram schematics.
- SPI, I2C, USB, UART, CAN BUS.
- Experience in reverse engineering code into articulate requirements and design details.
- UML modelling and experience in the use of Design Patterns
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an engineering or computer science discipline preferred.
BS EN ISO13485 – clause 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority for tasks affecting product quality:
This role involves the following tasks which can affect product quality:
Software Requirements Analysis; Software Architectural Design and Documentation; Software Detailed Design and Documentation; Software implementation adhering to coding standards and software development process; Code review and code walk through; Software Unit Testing; Software Integration Testing; System Test; Defect root cause analysis and resolution; Review of Manuals.
Epredia offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and are driven by innovation and the desire to improve the lives of our patients, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of five business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Epredia does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Epredia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Journey. Epredia is on a journey to create an inclusive environment where we celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest from all walks of life and backgrounds. Your candidacy will be reviewed regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
Posted 30+ days ago