In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best pathology scanners available, helping the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Precision Diagnostic Solutions aims fully digitizing the pathology workflow. In the Imaging Scanners group, we are developing the next generation of digital microscopes to realize this goal.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
- Providing Technical and process leadership for the Frontend team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to finalize the designs and requirements.
- Communicate the consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture.
- Create (and execute) tests for your implementations to ensure quality and prevent regression.
- Development of the user interface and service and manufacturing applications.
- Facilitate the porting of legacy applications to modern Frontend frameworks
- Work together with our 3rd party development partners to deliver total solutions.
- Analyze and understand the APIs and services offered by third-party components.
- Create / modify Backend functionality to support machine operation, using structured abstractions interfacing to a range of micro-services.
- Own the code quality of components and application team and support the continuous integration and delivery mechanisms.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
To be discussed
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree – preferably in computer software engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in frontend frameworks in the role of a Senior Software Designer, developing for Linux platforms.
- Familiar with: Object orientated Software design, Micro-service architecture (REST APIs, Spring Boot), Flask micro web framework, Linux Operation system (RedHat Enterprise Linux).
- Additional Languages: Java, C++ (beneficial).
- Tooling: Intelij, Jenkins, JenkinsFile CI/CD, Docker, Jira, TFS.