Group Leader Digital Pathology Scanner Development
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
The Scanner Group Leader position is key to accelerating growth and driving portfolio adoption for the Digital Pathology product line. Analyzing Customer requirements analysis, technical and functional design along with key technology selection for Hardware and Software are key skills. Developing and managing a high-performance team while working with key 3rd party suppliers are also essential to successful performance of this job.
You are responsible for
- the management of the digital pathology scanner portfolio group, a team of System and Software engineers
- Developing and nourishing relationships with critical 3rd party suppliers and internal suppliers in order to sustain current digital pathology scanner product portfolio and generate next generation concepts
- the development of the group, incl. recruitment, training and retaining exceptional talent
- Buildup required competences and knowledge in the scanner development team
- Collaborating with multiple cross-functional stakeholders in the maintenance of the current scanner portfolio and in the development of next generation roadmap concepts
- Teaming-up with Philips Research and external academic partners for evaluation of Advanced Development topics
- Advising business management on tradeoffs between technology alternatives / competing requirements and the potential business impact of those tradeoffs
- Orchestrating and introducing a vision for the digital pathology scanner portfolio, managing the technical roadmap and contributing to the product roadmap
- Inspiring and contributing to cross-organizational strategy and project teams working on state of the art innovation themes and breakthroughs
- As an ambassador for Philips behaviors and inspire the team to adopt: Customer First, Patient Safety, Quality, Integrity always, Team up to win, Take ownership to deliver fast and Eager to improve.
You are a part of
The Philips Digital and Computational Pathology (DCP) venture started in 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing an Ultra-Fast Scanner for digitization of microscope tissue slides and a Pathology Image Management System. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture has an installed base in US, Europe and Asia and keeps expanding. Our mission: In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analytics solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- A Masters (or PhD degree), preferably in Computer Science, Embedded Software, or similar technical domain
- At least 8 years of experience as a cross functional team lead, preferably within the medical industry
- Software development / architecture, embedded systems, computer vision, systems and system integration
- Scrum and agile way-of-working
- External partners collaboration
- People management & team building, with proven success leading teams and delivering on organizational objectives
- Influencing areas outside of direct control (product roadmap, finance, marketing, operations)
- Self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous programs/projects
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. We will not only contribute, but also drive key assignments and strategic initiatives. You will have the opportunity to work in an environment where the future depends strongly on your individual capabilities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.