At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Head of Digital Pathology – Laboratory Head (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure highly scientific evaluation and interpretation of pathology data (macroscopical and histopathological) by concurrent adherence to all appropriate international regulatory guidelines and GLP principles
- Be responsible for the digitization and digital transformation in the field of toxicological pathology
- Be responsible for the pathology part of toxicology studies in terms of technical quality, resource planning, project deadlines and follow-up of costs
- Provide your expertise and interact with study directors and sponsors to support the development of a given compound
- Lead a team supporting all activities connected to digital pathology
- Ensure the scientific development of the individuals within your team
- You continuously strive for improvement of criteria for efficiency, quality and safety
- Assure safe working conditions in the laboratories
WHO YOU ARE
- Pathologist (m/f/d) with background in veterinary or human medicine and specialization in veterinary pathology or internationally accepted equivalent (e.g. FTA, Dipl.ECVP, DACVP)
- Experience in pathology (necropsy, histopathology) as well as with the technique and implementation of digital pathology (and image analysis)
- Good knowledge of toxicology, laboratory animal science and animal welfare
- Additional regulatory experience is welcome
- Good with MS Office skills
- Strong leadership and communication capabilities
- Fluent in written and spoken English; willingness to learn German
This position is within the Pathology & Clinical Pathology department, located in Wuppertal or Berlin.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.
Wuppertal-Aprath or Berlin