Full Job Description
About Akoya Biosciences, Inc.
As The Spatial Biology Company®, Akoya Biosciences’ mission is to bring context to the world of biology and human health through the power of spatial phenotyping. The company offers comprehensive single-cell imaging solutions that allow researchers to phenotype cells with spatial context and visualize how they organize and interact to influence disease progression and response to therapy. Akoya offers a full continuum of spatial phenotyping solutions to serve the diverse needs of researchers across discovery, translational and clinical research via its key platforms: PhenoCycler™, PhenoImager™ Fusion and PhenoImager HT.
About the role
Akoya is excited to expand our Instrument Sales Specialist team, driven by a strong growth initiative following our successful IPO on the Nasdaq market in April last year. The northeast territory will include a solid base of existing opportunities from previous coverage, as well as healthy new business potential facilitated by right sized geography. The Instrument Sales Specialist is the point person for new instrument sales, working with Reagent Sales and Application Scientist colleagues for the territory in a highly effective team selling model. The customer base spans academic, biotech, and pharma markets, and the call points range from laboratory technicians to C-suite executives. Candidates must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and target orientated individuals who thrive on the independence and variety offered by a field sales role. And must also be skilled at working within a team environment, leveraging the expertise and strengths of all.
What you will be doing:
- Represent the full range of Akoya solutions including instruments, reagents, and point-of-sale warranty contracts
- Partner with Reagent Sales Specialist and Application Scientist teams to achieve sales goals assigned to the territory
- Develop, implement, and execute against a strategic business plan with strong emphasis on new business development
- Manage all aspects of the sales process, especially prospecting, consultative client meetings, and pricing/terms negotiations across all client organization levels
- Actively communicate to leadership progress updates and forecasts for opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Coordinate and execute field and virtual events for lead generation, including technical workshops and lunch-and-learn seminars
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the technical product portfolio, range of scientific applications, and target markets
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely issue resolution
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or similar Life Science discipline
- Minimum of 5 years technical, scientific capital sales experience, preferably to Life Science laboratories in the academic, pharma, and biotech space
- Track record of proven success in B2B sales
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of urgency around new business development
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and issue resolution balanced with keen sense of fiscal responsibility
- Operates ethically and interacts with graciousness and gratitude
- Ability to travel as needed for effective field coverage of the given territory
- Valid Driver’s License
Extra pluses for success in this role
- Advanced degree at Master or PhD level
- Familiarity with immunohistochemistry (IHC) and digital pathology instrumentation, applications, and workflows
- Experience selling into the IHC and Pathology Research space
Akoya Biosciences, Inc. proudly affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.