Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£32,306 – £39,027 a year
Full Job Description
The South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw (SYB) Pathology Network are looking for an innovative and motivated IT Specialist to support the delivery of the Histopathology Digital Strategy on a fixed term / secondment basis.
The SYB Pathology Network builds on the high-quality pathology services currently provided in each of the five Acute Trusts to provide the best possible service for patients across the Integrated Care System (ICS) footprint. Migrating Histopathology in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to a digital pathology platform is a prerequisite for transformation that will enable a sustainable, clinically, operationally and financially and effective Histopathology service for the patients in the region.
Working closely with the SYB Pathology Transformation team you will join the team on a fixed term / secondment to be responsible for ensuring that all the relevant infrastructure and services are fit for purpose in time for go live of the shared imaging solution for Digital Pathology, in accordance with the Network Programme Plan.
- Working with IT services in Trusts across the Network to ensure sure that all the relevant infrastructure and services are fit for purpose in time for go live of the shared imaging solution for Digital Pathology, in accordance with the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw (SYB) Pathology Network Programme Plan.
- Working closely with IT, Programme and Project Management colleagues ensure the dependencies, interfaces and potential problems within the IT & Digital portfolio that will have an impact on delivery of the network are managed in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
Whilst Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is host employer the post holder may be required to undertake duties at any of the sites within the Network, these include;
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT)
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (DBTHFT)
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust (TRFT)
- Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT).
Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust operates with a budget of £1.2 bn, has a workforce of over 18,000 employees, covers 5 hospital sites, provides care from over 40 community settings and has an excellent reputation for research.
As an organisation we value and respect our staff and the community we serve. We provide excellent staff benefits, this includes commitment to professional development but also many initiatives to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
The role can support hybrid working and the Trust considers all flexible working requests in line with the needs to the service.
Providing specialist advice and support (application and hardware) during product implementation periods on sites across the Network and remotely, analysing complex queries to ensure all options are considered and queries resolved.
This vacancy is advertised on a fixed term contract basis for a period of 32 months due to the post being recruited as part of a limited term project within the Trust. The fixed term contract status of the post holder will be reviewed in accordance with the Trust’s legal obligations regarding fixed term contracts taking into consideration the requirement for the post to be maintained as a part of the project’s implementation and the timescales associated with this.
Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post.
Posted 13 days ago