Full Job Description
Cyted’s mission is to revolutionise diagnostic methods to build a world where disease is prevented rather than treated. We focus on providing digital diagnostic infrastructure to drive the earlier detection of disease. Our technologies use artificial intelligence and novel biomarkers to unlock clinical insight and improve patient outcomes.
The Cyted group develops and deploys digital diagnostic services for research and clinical use. Our services are designed to dignify and empower, placing patients at the heart of our services.
Cyted is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist to join our amazing team. The Machine Learning Scientist will play a crucial role in building new systems to provide medical insights based on the microscopy imaging data processed by our lab. The scientist will be part of a tech team whose mission is to assist lab operations and increase the scalability of our diagnostic workflow. The work covers all stages of ML development, from data exploration and curation to model prototyping to putting models in production in a way that complies with regulatory guidelines.
- Developing and validating ML models with packages such as Torch
- Working within the tech team to deploy these models within our software stack
- Analysing data to get insights on the diagnostic as well as on the clinical workflow
- Taking part in Agile and Continuous Improvement processes
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Integrating with cloud APIs and data services
- Contributing to the culture of our inclusive and enthusiastic team
Working pattern, location and salary:
The role is a full-time position with a standard 37.5 hour working week. The role holder may be required to work flexibly.
The Machine Learning Scientist will be based at the Cyted’s Head Office, 3rd Floor, 22 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JD and may need to visit other company sites if and when required.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Share options
- Personal development budget
- Health, dental, hearing and eye insurance
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- Perks at work scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free refreshments
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up, the next leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions
Qualifications and background:
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or ML-related field, e.g., statistics, bioinformatics
- Publications in machine learning or medical imaging (desirable)
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and computer vision
- Experience with handling large datasets
- Prior industry experience in ISO regulated environments (desirable)
- Experience with CI/ CD and data version control (desirable)
- Experience with Digital Pathology frameworks, tools, and libraries (desirable)
- Familiarity with AWS SageMaker or a related cloud platform (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems working closely with system users, software developers and other business stakeholders
- Understanding of a relevant healthcare area, e.g. medical imaging, digital pathology, bioinformatics, population health (desirable)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to this role.
Posted 20 days ago