Seagen is looking for a Molecular Pathologist to join our growing Translational Pathology team as part of a broader Translational Biomarker Team operating in a CLIA Laboratory setting. You will be an integral part of our team to support in house Translational, Research and Development (R&D) and Clinical Trial needs. The candidate will facilitate the execution of biomarker strategies and work across multiple programs within the company to support the development of our portfolio via target validation, biomarker and diagnostic development, biomarker testing and algorithm development. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise toward IHC and ISH assay development, implementation, and interpretation, including algorithm development, by interacting with cross-functional teams. Further, the candidate will provide oversight and guidance to implement and deliver NGS technology and other molecular technologies and results for Translational Sciences, R&D and Clinical Trial purposes. The candidate will help provide Quality Control oversight of internal and external Pathology data from relevant technologies and interact with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will be able to work within a validated LIMS system and will be comfortable in both glass slide Digital Pathology formats for the evaluation of FFPE stained tissue. The candidate will contribute diagnostic Pathology expertise to the development and/or use of Digital Pathology and Artificial Intelligence technologies, as applicable.
We seek a candidate with above average communication skills who will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with exceptional colleagues from multiple disciplines who are committed to addressing significant unmet clinical needs through transformative cancer medicines and empowered antibody-based therapies.
- Provide guidance and expertise to support NGS capabilities and service in a CLIA laboratory environment to support internal program needs for clinical and research specimens
- Evaluate NGS sequencing results
- Conduct pathology review and scoring (H&E, IHC and ISH) for clinical and research specimens
- Participate in data and report review and delivery
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams focused on answering key biological questions
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide laboratory menu offerings
- Provide Quality Control oversight to internal and external IHC, ISH, NGS and other Pathology data
- Work to maintain CLIA level compliance
- Assist with Pathology and Laboratory SOP Development
- Provide diagnostic Pathology expertise to all relevant efforts, as needed
MD with current medical license (Washington licensure to be obtained prior to start date)
- Board certified in Molecular Genetic Pathology
- American Board of Pathology Certification in Anatomic and/or Clinical Pathology
- Hemepath experience or Fellowship training highly desirable
- Clinical experience with next generation sequencing interpretation
- Knowledge and/or experience in oncology, cancer immunotherapy, medical immunology and clinical research, preferred
- Excellent managerial, organizational, reporting and communication skills
- Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards
- Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR)
- Familiarity with DP and/or AI Pathology applications
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.