Baylor College of Medicine
Performs gross dissection of surgical specimens, selecting appropriate tissue to be submitted for histologic review and dictating verbal reports regarding the specimens.
- Performs gross dissection using standard dissection protocols of surgical specimens, selecting appropriate tissue to be submitted for histologic review.
- Dictates verbal reports regarding the specimens in a clear, complete, sufficient manner.
- Effectively communicate deficiencies to appropriate personnel, including deficiencies related to specimens, reports, paperwork, database information, and equipment.
- Collects fresh tissue for the special studies if necessary.
- Prepare quality assurance reports.
- Review and revise reports, CPT charge codes.
- Instruct and advise personnel on pathology techniques and procedures.
- Photographs specimens for documentation.
- Utilized Digital Pathology for slide scanning and creating digital images for pathology review.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Assists in assuring laboratory readiness for all accrediting agency inspections.
- Assists the Medical Director in formulating, administrating, and analyzing goals and objective for the histology laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree from a NAACLS approved Pathologist’s Assistant program.
- Six months of relevant experience.
- Certified as a Pathologist’s Assistant by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP-PA).
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Experience with computer systems.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.