Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
The current phase of the programme is focused on the deployment of the latest Clinisys Winpath Enterprise LIMS and new Order Communications systems at the MSEFT Broomfield hospital site
With the announcement of further national funding to improve pathology IT systems the Trust has a clear vision of its proposed development programme to enhance the capability and accessibility of pathology services.
Proposed future development plans also include:
1. Regional Digital Pathology
2. Regional Point of Care Test Device management system
To support Pathology IT staff during the implementation of the programme, we are seeking a Pathology IT Engineer on a 3 month fixed term contract to provide back-fill.
As a member of the Pathology Digital Programme Team thePathology IT Engineerwill be responsible for
- The provision of IT support to pathology staff and service users
- Problem management by diagnosing complex IT and user issues
- Participate and lead on application roll out projects where required and provide technical support to the project management team
The ideal candidate should be an experienced 2nd line support technician with a strong track record in working within a demanding customer facing.
The post holder will be a highly experienced, self-motivated individual capable of communicating with stakeholders and service users at all levels of the regional health economy and working under pressure to agreed deadlines.
Experience of delivering large scale regional IT schemes within a challenging healthcare environment on time and on budget will be essential attributes for the role.
The Pathology IT team provides digital services and support to the Pathology department at the Broomfield site of the Mid and South Essex Trust. Based at the acute hospital site in Chelmsford, the Pathology IT services are an integral part of Pathology services.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a key part of a proactive team of IT support staff responsible for delivering a high quality, customer-focused professional service.
- To ensure compliance with all national and local standards and protocols for pathology, including hardware, software, documentation, and service.
- To be aware of and comply with the need for strict confidentiality and security of all IT systems and personal records and to be aware of, and comply with, all relevant legislation.
- To ensure that service incidents are dealt with in a timely manner and within agreed service levels.
- Provide a high level of problem management diagnosing complex pc faults.
- Provide technical support and advice to pathology staff.
- To ensure that all necessary testing is carried out on new standard builds prior to release into the production service; design of complex system and performance tests.
- Ensure pathology change control are followed.
- To manage the work involved in major installations and PC software upgrades, ensuring that full project procedures and standards are applied.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives such as FAQ’s, knowledge bases, cross training and other improvements to departmental processes.
- Take responsibility for acquiring appropriate levels of technical and operational skill that enables advancement and personal growth.
- Coach and mentor other members of the team if required.
- To work with IT department to build Desktop PC’s, laptops and other mobiles devices using standard imaging software and installation routines. Contribute to designing systems and processes to enhance pathology operations.
- Install & configure network attached devices including printers scanners and digital media.
- To ensure that all pathology IT requests are logged to appropriate staff / contractors and are tracked to an end conclusion within SLA requirements.
- To assist with pathology IT issues by travelling to department locations with Mid Essex NHS Trust. This may include working on site at satellite hospitals within the Trust.
- To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder (which may be required from time to time.) This may include carrying IT Equipment to and from locations in the Trust.
- Can communicate technical issues in a non-technical way to staff at all levels of the organisation.
- To monitor incident frequencies and patterns and notify appropriate IT Managers where problem management is required.
- Undertake activities that meet the organisational business objectives and undertake personal and professional development as discussed with the Team Leader during the appraisal cycle.
- Undertake to comply with any trust mandatory training and competence assessments. To stay up to date with IT developments in pathology through training course and seminars.
- To comply and co-operate with any Pathology Investigation/ Audit team activities that are duly authorised by senior Pathology Managers.
- To comply with all trust Internet/Email and General Usage policies and guidelines issued by trust Managers or Trust Information Management Staff.
- Liaise with 3rdparty suppliers in connection with any of the above when required.