The PHC Data Science Digital Pathology group seeks a talented and motivated Data Scientist to join us in supporting the Digital Pathology efforts within Roche Pharma Development Personalized Healthcare (PHC). To aid in the development of novel image-based software solutions in PHC and their potential use in clinical drug development, the PHC Data Analytics and Imaging (DAI) Group at Roche is responsible for generating product solutions by:
(1) translating medical and scientific requirements into analytical and algorithm development plans leading to validated algorithms
(2) curating and ingesting large image collections and
(3) driving and growing the analytical pipeline to efficiently train and validate new advanced analytics algorithms relevant to medical practice.
Requires extensive cross-functional collaborations working with a diverse team of clinical subject matter experts, external and internal pathologists, data- and imaging scientists, statisticians, regulatory & quality experts, and IT staff. Your responsibilities will primarily support digital pathology product development and image analysis efforts across the Pharma organization, with primary application to oncology applications.. Through medical and anatomy pathology input, supporting the development and validation of integrated algorithms products based on digital pathology, including responsibility for the quality and relevance of the pathology image assets.
- The job will utilize and build on your experience in digital pathology and practical medical experience, hands-on data- and image management, clinical diagnostic, interpretation of algorithm results in the clinical setting.
- This position reports to the PHC digital pathology product R&D lead.
Develops and leads a network of external pathologists supporting the development pipeline. Responsible for training, qualification, and task assignment distribution supporting the project leaders. Contributes to feasibility assessment and proposes strategies for the development of imaging algorithms dedicated to clinical decision support, including multimodal approaches.
- Leads the design and implementation of automation in the imaging pipeline.
- Responsible for driving high quality and medical relevance in the image database asset.
Skills and experience
We are looking for an MD+PhD, board-certified in anatomical Pathology with 5 years clinical diagnostic experience and 5 years industry experience in drug development or diagnostics.
- track record in digital pathologic and scientific leadership.
- Strong knowledge in leading digital pathology biomarker development and clinical implementation.
- Familiar with data science, clinical, and drug development biomarker validation
- Recognized knowledge in the digital anatomical pathology solutions and relevant technologies.
- Track record of successful project leadership in application development
- Strong collaborative skills, ability to drive complex multidisciplinary projects
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 10,700 employees from over 100 countries come together at our Basel/Kaiseraugst site, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Besides extensive development and training opportunities, we offer flexible working options, 18 weeks of maternity leave and 10 weeks of gender independent partnership leave. Our employees also benefit from multiple services on site such as child-care facilities, medical services, restaurants and cafeterias, as well as various employee events.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion, and strive to identify and create opportunities that enable all people to bring their unique selves to Roche.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
vor 30 Tagen geschaltet