MD Anderson Cancer Center
Full Job Description
- To learn aspects of cancer research undertaken in a hospital/research institute.
- To learn how to perform digital pathology analysis on IHC, multiplex IF, and RNAScope, etc.
- To develop research projects using novel multiplex-based techniques (CODEX, GeoMxDSP, IMC, MIBI) utilizing
FFPE surgical specimens, core needle biopsies, and smears from different tumor types for biomarkers analysis of
complex research projects of TMP-IL.
- To understand how studies were done in laboratories can have an impact on patient care in the future.
- The trainee will learn how to perform basic statistical analysis on path data.
- The trainee, along with the mentor, will present his/her data in lab meetings.
- The trainee will participate in departmental education activities, in particular, those offered by ITERT
An individual holding a recent (within three years) Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M.) in an appropriate field who is seeking a temporary appointment, under the supervision of a faculty mentor, involving full-time laboratory-based research or scholarship in preparation for an academic or research career as an independent investigator. This appointment is not part of a clinical training program; individuals holding an M.D. degree or equivalent are not permitted to engage in patient care activity.
Additional Application Information
Translational Molecular Pathology Department website:
Posted 3 days ago