Full Job Description
Cernostics is a leading AI tissue diagnostics company. We apply artificial intelligence and spatial biology to tissue diagnostics, delivering precision diagnostic testing to patients and physicians that improve clinical outcomes. Our first commercial assay, the TissueCypher Barrett’s Esophagus Assay, is the world’s first precision medicine test that predicts future development of esophageal cancer in patients with Barrett’s Esophagus (BE).
Cernostics, Inc is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist, Digital Pathology with demonstrated expertise in digital pathology, including acquisition and quantitative analysis of tissue slides. The position will be based at our laboratory in Pittsburgh, PA. The purpose of the position is to perform research and clinical duties related to tissue-based cancer diagnostic testing. The successful candidate will develop, optimize and validate precision medicine assays using Cernostics’ proprietary TissueCypher® computational pathology platform.
The position requires close collaboration with a dynamic, multidisciplinary group of scientists, bioinformaticians and engineers. The Principal Scientist will apply relevant techniques including multiplexed immunofluorescence slide labeling, histologic slide staining, digital slide imaging and image analysis, cell culture, and bioinformatics approaches to research and development projects and clinical testing. The Principal Scientist will supervise and mentor technical staff, work with clinical and academic collaborators on development and validation studies, and perform other research and clinical duties as assigned.
- Design and execute studies to develop and validate quantitative, multiplexed fluorescence assays, including image analysis elements
- Conduct tests on patient samples using Cernostics proprietary tools and established protocols, including preparation of laboratory reagents, immunofluorescence labeling of tissue slides, digital slide imaging and image analysis
- Cell culture
- Management of digital imaging and analysis data and patient metadata
- Conduct routine analytic performance studies to support clinical laboratory operations
- Supervise the work of technical staff
- Manage external projects with clinical and academic collaborators
- Other laboratory duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ph.D. in the Life Sciences required
- 5-10 years experience in digital pathology, cancer biomarkers, or related field
- Experience with immunolabeling and fluorescence imaging required
- Experience with multiplexed immunolabeling techniques, image analysis and image processing software preferred
- Experience with supervising technical teams and managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence, competence and discipline
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced, technical, team-oriented, standard operating procedure-driven environment
Cernostics is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age and disability (so long as such disability can be reasonably accommodated) or any other status protected by applicable law. Cernostics encourages all qualified applicants to apply.