Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Research associate, PATHOLOGY
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the creation and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.
The Pathology (PA) team works together with internal project and expert teams, to guide the development of ground-breaking new medicines from concept to the clinic. In this respect, PA delivers insights into target and biomarker expression in tissues to further support safety assessments, disease indication selection and mechanisms of action of therapeutic target concepts. The PA team works closely together to perform experiments in-house and in collaboration with international contract research organizations (CRO).
As a Research Associate, Pathology you will be part of an international Pathology team embedded within the Translational Research Group. In this role you will help build a state-of-the-art Pathology team to support a variety of discovery, pre-clinical and clinical programs.
- You work with internal research teams to develop and perform new and state-of-the-art molecular pathology techniques to detect and quantify (in situ) mRNA and protein expression in normal and diseased tissues, using single/multiplex IHC, ISH (in situ hybridization) on automated platforms (Leica Bond, Ventana Discovery).
- You generate microscopic slide scans using standard bright field and fluorescence whole slide scanners and perform quantitative image analysis.
- You translate scientific questions into experimental plans and manage these into wet-lab activities.
- You develop new single and multiplex IHC/ISH tests and are responsible for experimental work, including routine tests, experiments, documentation, interpretation and filing of the data.
- You support reporting of scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents and reports. In this respect you design tissue analysis assays and interpret and precisely document the data.
- As part of the Translational Research group, you belong to a team of experienced Scientists and Research Associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of the fields of antibody biology, pathology and biomarkers (immuno-oncology).
- You assist in managing human tissue databases and downstream lab processes using Laboratory Information Management System and digital image databases.
Skills & Experience
You are experienced and motivated to work in the field of immunology, tumor biology and digital pathology. You have a ‘getting things done mentality’, are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, capable of working efficiently and accurately and you enjoy working in a team. You are pro-active and set high standards for quality of your work. You are also interested in learning and developing new skills and are driven to work together on the development of a new generation of medicines.
Furthermore, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a completed HLO education or equivalent.
- You have good communicative skills in English.
- You have experience with immunohistochemistry using autostainer platforms.
- Experience and/or affinity with ISH (RNAscope), multiplex IHC and digital pathology (image analysis and image data management) is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and/or work experience with immunology, tumor biology and molecular pathology is preferred.
- You can manage several studies in parallel and work in a flexible manner.
- You recognize the importance of working in accordance to the quality systems, which includes adhering to standardized procedures and detailed documentation of your work.
- You have demonstrated the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of Scientists and Research Associates and can work to deadlines.
- You have a positive and open mind-set and the willingness to work in multidisciplinary teams in close collaboration with pathologists and other scientists.
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, and have a passion for innovation to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful applicant a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialized people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Please note Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in the Netherlands is to offer a temporary agreement for one year, followed by a temporary employment agreement and a contract for indefinite time after two years of employment regardless of seniority.
Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialized people across functions in an informal, multicultural environment, with an aim to make a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
At Genmab, we pride ourselves on our unique culture. We are committed to make a positive impact on the lives of cancer patients. We hypothesize and experiment to seek innovative solutions, no matter the employee’s role; we speak up, empower each other, and embrace change and growth; we respect and celebrate our differences while working as one team. Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. Genmab employees work with determination, challenge the status quo and cultivate a growth mindset in everything we do.
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands; Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in this location is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.
Please be alerted that at the moment a recruitment scam involving Genmab is circulating. The scam involves recruiters on LinkedIn and elsewhere, pretending to be Genmab employees, headhunting candidates, asking for CVs and other personal information. The scam can include asking for payment for interviews or interview preparation. This communication is not coming from Genmab, we encourage people to stay alert and not to respond to these queries.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Werving van 1 kandidaat voor deze functie
30+ dagen geleden geplaatst