Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
We are seeking an Engineer/Scientist to join our Research and Development group. In this role you will work on the development of new genomic tools that consist of instrumentation, consumables, and chemistry. This position is focused on the development of the recently announced new spatial molecular imager (SMI). This platform leverages Hyb & Seq (a novel single molecule hybridization-based sequencing) chemistry to spatially profile expression of 1000+ genes at single cell and sub cellular resolution across tissue samples. The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with biologists, scientists, software engineers, and external OEM manufacturers. The applicant will be expected to have strong verbal and written communication skills and will be expected to manage communication with OEM partners. The position will involve development of optical instrumentation as well as testing of designs. The applicant will be expected to help automate SMI imaging data acquisition.
- Develop instrument systems
- Design hardware related to imaging/optics
- Automation of motion, imaging, and fluidic control
Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Degree in mechanical, optical, electrical, bioengineering, physics, bio-physics or related field
- PhD. + 2-4 years experience (or equivalent experience considered)
- Experience with design of optical systems
- Experience with optics and advanced fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with optical component selection, alignment, and optical tables
- Automation of instrument control and image acquisition
- Experience with superresolution microscopy and advanced imaging technologies such as lightsheet microscopy, 3D imaging
- Experience with light sources (lasers and LEDs) and fiber optics for microscopy illumination
- Experience with optics modeling software (Zemax)
- Knowledge of image analysis programs and/or programming skills
- A hands-on orientation toward experimentation and rapid prototype development
- Ability to carry out experiments to verify performance of designs
- Ability to work both independently and closely in collaboration with a core team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Wet bench skills
- Programming experience in C (C# preferred) and/or Python.
- Experience with Solidworks
- Instrument prototyping through development and assembly of breadboard systems
- Experience designing mechanical components for optic assemblies
- Experience imaging and assays involving tissue preparations, especially FFPE (formalin fixed paraffin embedded) tissue.
- Experience with digital pathology/immunohistochemistry slides
- Machine learning
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.
Posted 30+ days ago