The Moredun Group
£26,500 – £32,500 a year
Full Job Description
Research Scientist 1 (Histologist)
Location: Edinburgh area
Starting Salary: £26,500 – £32,500 per annum, depending on experience
Closing date: 6th June 2022
The Moredun Group is seeking a Research Scientist to join the Pathology team at the Moredun Research Institute. You will provide an expert histology service to ensure that the organisation can meet its disease surveillance commitments. Working closely with the research and diagnostic teams at the Institute, you will exploit and develop your knowledge and skills to find innovative solutions to research questions.
You will have:
· Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Medical Laboratory Science (Histopathology)
· Experience of working in a histology lab, preferably veterinary
· A keen interest in digital pathology
· Experience of working to Quality Assurance and Health & Safety legislation
· Excellent communication and time management skills
· Good IT skills preferably with experience in LIMS software
How to apply
Please go to our website where you will find the application form.
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to The HR Department.
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
· Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
· Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
· Flexi-time system
· 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
· Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
· Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and works hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,500.00-£32,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
All government guidelines will be adhered to.
Reference ID: 02-05-22
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 14 days ago