Full Job Description
About the Company
Through the work that we do, the team at Deciphex helps pharma to accelerate the process of essential drug development and helps cancer patients get timely and accurate diagnosis.
Founded in Dublin in 2017, Deciphex has scaled rapidly to a team of over 90 people and counting who are providing software solutions to address the pathology gap in research pathology and clinical areas. We have offices in Dublin, Exeter and Chicago and are expanding our team throughout the world.
We are software developers, clinical specialists, artificial intelligence engineers, operations professionals and so much more, all working as one team to support our customers and patients.
We are looking for highly motivated & individuals who are excited to take on challenges and value making a difference in their day-to-day work to join our team!
Read more about Deciphex here and more about our incredible team on our Careers Page here
Our value to pharmaceutical companies & clinical research organisations?
For the Business owner/ C Executive: Our platform transforms your safety assessment workflow and helps compress the time to develop and test new drug compounds. It leverages previous drug development experiments to develop patterns to formulate more effective drugs.
For the Research & Pre-Clinical Team: Patholytix is the industry-leading digital pathology workflow & integrated AI platform for Research Pathology. It is trusted by the leading CROs and pharmaceutical companies for handling high volume drug safety pathology studies, providing a complete GLP-compliant workflow with integrated AI screening capabilities.
Our platform delivers a slide viewing experience with equal performance and usability to the microscope but which uses intelligent data mining tools to significantly improve the efficiency of study reviews. The seamless integration of Artificial Intelligence can help to automate the slide screening process, providing insight into the most critical content relevant to decision making. This improves the efficiency of the users workflow by reducing time spent on low-value tasks, allowing users to concentrate on making important decisions based on the slides that matter most.
It has been designed with a focus on improving pathologists’ workflow efficiency. Our unique workflow design facilitates seamless distribution of content between remote industry partners. This allows users to review studies more quickly compared to alternative solutions. It is also the only digital pathology offering qualified for use in reading GLP studies.
Who are our customers?
Deciphex works with many of the largest multinational CROs and 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies including:
- Astra Zeneca
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Charles River Laboratories, LabCorp
The candidate MUST be based in Japan/Eastern China
About this Role (Responsibilities):
- Identify, develop & manage business opportunities in APAC regions
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Develop and implement overarching outbound APAC sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices
- Oversee deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive proposals
- Keep up to date with regional marketing trends and developments and act as the regional market advisor to wider business
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Set and manage Commercial KPI targets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies to achieve strategic goals
- Introducing new product / service developments to prospective clients
- Acting as representative of the company at regional and global trade shows, conferences and events
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Complete all mandatory company training and job specific training required for the role, including ISMS, GLP, DocuSign, SDLC as applicable
About You (Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor or Higher in relevant scientific field
- Minimum 3 years Business Development Experience in APAC region in healthcare services industry
- Knowledge of & experience with APAC healthcare regulations and requirements
- Successful track record in B2B sales with strong negotiation & persuasion skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive customer orientated mindset with passion for helping clients to meet their goals
- Strong project management skills – ability to plan & manage commercial projects & KPIs
- Independent problem solver
- Excellent creative, organisational and analytical skills
- Experience with GLP regulations or software will be ‘a distinct advantage.’
- You will have shown leadership skills in previous positions and are keen to develop these skills further.
- You bring a sense of urgency to the work that you do and are able to execute on tasks by using your initiative.
- You enjoy innovating and bringing new ideas to the table.
- You like to have autonomy in your role and the independence to manage your own time and workload.
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working with lots of different teams and people.
- You have great written and oral English language skills.
- Candidate must hold a valid Passport and Full, clean Drivers’ License
- Candidate will be required to travel to represent the company at Customer locations, Trade Exhibitions & promotional events within the APAC region and beyond (25%+ Travel Time)
- Ability to undertake travel to Japan, China & other countries as may be required
- Ability to undertake travel to international training events and conferences as required
- Must be fluent in English (Japanese and/or Chinese a distinct advantage)
- Experience working with local networks within health services community
- Experience with Digital Pathology and / or Artificial intelligence
- Commercial selling SaaS solutions
- Experience in field-based client relationship management a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with pathology and/or immuno-oncology
- This position is a Remote / Field-based position; the Work Environment shall be considered as the user’s home working location along with Customer locations and trade events / exhibitions as required
- This position will require remote collaboration with associates on US Time Zones (PST through EST), GMT and on occasion Central European Time along with local time zones within APAC region
- On occasion, candidate may be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.
What are the benefits of working with Deciphex?
- A true sense of meaning in your work by contributing to better patient outcomes.
- The opportunity to work alongside a world-class high performing team in a hyper-growth startup environment with.
- A chance to work on exciting and challenging unique projects.
- Regular performance feedback and significant career growth opportunities.
- A flexible/ hybrid working model – most of our team work remotely and attend the office from time to time as required giving employees the autonomy to manage their own work life balance.
- Competitive salary with performance based annual increments.
- Competitive annual leave with an additional paid Christmas holiday.
- A highly collaborative and supportive multi cultural team.
Deciphex is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to the principle of equality. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, religious beliefs, political views, gender identity, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, family or marital status (including pregnancy), disability, membership of the travelling community or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Posted 30+ days ago