Full Job Description
As The Spatial Biology Company®, Akoya Biosciences’ mission is to bring context to the world of biology and human health through the power of spatial phenotyping. The company offers comprehensive single-cell imaging solutions that allow researchers to phenotype cells with spatial context and visualize how they organize and interact to influence disease progression and response to therapy. Akoya offers a full continuum of spatial phenotyping solutions to serve the diverse needs of researchers across discovery, translational and clinical research via its key platforms: PhenoCycler™, PhenoImager™ Fusion and PhenoImager™ HT.
The successful candidate will manage a remote and geographically dispersed team of Instrument Sales and Applications Specialists involved is positioning and selling the company’s lines of PhenoCycler™ and PhenoImager instruments and reagents throughout the western United States. The primary responsibilities are to meet or exceed territory sales, orders and expense targets and develop a high performing, first in class selling team. Candidates must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and target orientated individuals who thrive on the success of Akoya customers and team members and excel at team building and talent development.
Manage the west region Sales and Applications Team, including:
- Achieving or exceeding individual and team sales goals assigned to the territory
- Forecasting business performance weekly, within variance goals, while accounting for instrument availability and contract terms
- Driving and ensuring proper funnel size, speed and quality to meet territory targets
- Leading annual business plan development and monitoring progress to plan for each sales specialist
- Supporting sales specialists in all aspects of the sales process and keeping team members accountable to KPI’s that drive the business
- Serving as an effective motivator to team and in internal and external to Akoya partnerships
- Developing a strong, working technical knowledge of entire Akoya imaging product portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets
- Working with the sales management team to report market and competitor trends and to create standards and efficiencies that result in the growth of the Americas territory at or beyond Akoya and market expectations
- Supporting the business in cross-functional projects to drive organizational advancement
- Performing other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about transforming the field of tissue imaging through the selling team. -We are on a mission to enable scientists to better understand tissue biomarkers studied in discovery, translation and clinical applications.
- Has high emotional intelligence-You have genuine empathy for others and maximize your impact through understanding the motivations of our customers and your team and adapting your communication accordingly.
- Is a positive change agent-You have a track record of leading and empowering groups towards driving improvement while navigating change and simultaneously winning. You create a culture of transparency and focused on improvement while having fun and fostering a strong team environment.
- Has a commitment to overachievement-You leverage and can communicate using data to improve core KPI’s that matter to the individuals and team, and to help drive strategic plays.
- Use good judgement-especially when tasked with difficult decisions. You are a person who exudes good judgement and decision making.
- Is accountable-You have honest, transparent, and authentic communications with your colleagues and direct reports, regardless of personal ramifications.
- Is a teambuilder and coach of learning sellers-You not only motivate individuals but a team towards a collective vision and manifest a team atmosphere. You have experience coaching sellers with 5-15 years of experience with low-attrition and examples of leading reps from low to high performance.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success as a capital equipment sales leader, preferably in a scientific and or life science industry assignment
- Experience in successfully mentoring and/or leading others effectively
- Experience in using CRM to manage and forecast sales opportunities, SalesForce is a plus
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and patterns
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal and PowerPoint formats
- Sales experience in Life Sciences preferably within immunohistochemistry and digital pathology experience
- Experience in selling directly to Pathology & Life Science/Research Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech accounts
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Responsible for abiding by ethical sales practices in accordance with corporate policy
- Willingness to travel is required, 50-75% overnight travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or similar Life Science discipline at minimum
- Master’s, PhD and/or MBA in scientific discipline or equivalent a plus.
Posted 7 days ago