About Akoya Biosciences, Inc.
Akoya Biosciences, Inc., The Spatial Biology Company™, with offices in Menlo Park, CA and Marlborough, MA and sales and applications professionals throughout Europe and the APAC Region is a well-funded and emerging growth company that is developing powerful imaging tools to enable scientists and clinical researchers to gain a better understanding of complex diseases such as cancer and autoimmune disorders. Our CODEX® platform, spun out of the lab of Dr. Garry Nolan at Stanford University, enables the assessment of more than 40 protein markers in a sample and is ideally suited for biomarker discovery. Our Phenoptics™ platform, the industry standard for multiplex IF/IHC provides the assay robustness and throughput necessary for translational and clinical research required in clinical trials. Our partnerships with the academic community and our customers have resulted in a robust pipeline of future products.
The successful candidates will manage either the North or South of Germany with responsibility for the technical sale of Akoya Phenoptics and CODEX imaging systems and the associated tissue staining reagents. The primary responsibility is to meet or exceed territory sales, orders and targets for all product lines. Candidates must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and target orientated individuals who thrive on the independence and variety offered by a field sales role.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Further develop and manage assigned territory with regard to Sales activities, including:
o Presenting the full solution, instrument, reagent and services
o Achieving and exceeding individual sales goals assigned to the territory.
o Developing, implementing and executing strategic business plan specific to the territory
o Actively communicating/managing/forecasting of sales activities to management through Salesforce.com, weekly forecast review calls and other reporting tools as assigned
o Managing accounts and opportunities within assigned territory
o Prospecting for new lead generation and sales opportunities within assigned territory
o Coordinating and executing technical imaging workshops and related events to generate product interest and lead generation.
o Coordinating and executing equipment demonstrations.
o Managing post-demonstration follow-up.
o Taking accountability for the reagents sales targets and working with inside sales counterparts to ensure that customers are supported, and revenue is maximized.
o Generating and following up with customer quotations.
o Presenting and defending price, credit, and T&C’s in accordance with standard procedures.
o Assessing and actively communicating Revenue Recognition opportunities.
o Building strong customer relationships.
o Working closely with Field Application Scientists and local Service colleagues in order to provide superior customer support at all stages of the sales cycle.
· Developing a strong, working technical knowledge of entire imaging product portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or similar Life Science discipline; Master’s, PhD in relevant scientific discipline or equivalent preferred
· Fluent German language and proficiency in English language.
· 3 years of field sales specialist experience, preferably in a scientific and or life science industry assignment.
· Technical capital equipment sales experience in Life Sciences preferably within immunohistochemistry /microscopy / digital pathology.
· Knowledge of broad range of cellular, functional, IHC and/or pathology applications and imaging instrumentation
· Experience in directly selling into Pathology & Life Science / Research Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech accounts.
· Sales experience with Reagents / and consumables a plus.
· Demonstrate customer commitment through regular customer follow-up, timely complaint resolution and by acting as Voice of Customer as appropriate.
· Responsible for abiding by ethical sales practices in accordance with corporate policy.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
· Ability to travel, 50-75% overnight travel is required.
· Valid Driver’s License.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: 1.00€ – 2.00€ per hour