Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $96.4K – $122K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Seattle, WA.
Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
NanoString is seeking an innovative Scientist to join our Research and Development group. In this role the successful applicant will develop software needed for new genomic tools in the field of Spatial Biology. The position is focused on analyzing data acquired from integrated platforms developed at NanoString. The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with scientists, instrumentation engineers, and other software engineers. Strong verbal and written communication skills will be essential for collaborating with team members and for working across departments within the company.
- Develop advanced image processing and data analysis algorithms
- Design, adapt and implement software to support a dynamic, fast-moving R&D environment
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of hardware engineers, software developers, and life scientists to deliver experimental results
- Support the software development process from R&D prototyping through commercialization
- Image processing: Image segmentation, cell classification, mathematical morphology, pattern recognition, and image registration
- 2-5 years of experience developing software in the life sciences using C#, C/C++, and/or Java
- Ph.D. in applied mathematics, physics, computer science, electrical engineering, or a relevant field. Additional experience required for candidates with a M.S. or B.A.
- Numerical analysis of multi-dimensional data
- Rapid prototype development to support internal, scientific projects
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with a core team
- Fluorescence microscopy, multi-channel (5+) imaging, and multiplexed encoding
- Linear Algebra/Systems-Theory math
- Statistical data analysis methods such as clustering, and unmixing algorithms for diffraction limited and larger features
- Digital pathology, bioinformatics, machine learning, computer vision and neural networks
- Parallel computing
- Python, MATLAB, OpenCV, GIT, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, .NET
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 30+ days ago