Full Job Description
Epredia, a global leader in providing solutions for cancer diagnostics, is dedicated to improving lives by enabling our customers to achieve diagnostic excellence. We’re growing quickly and constantly expanding our team. Find a rewarding career with a diverse group of individuals that share a passion to do work that matters and positively impacts patient lives.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, R&D, this Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the setup and maintenance of build systems and release management processes to support the entire embedded team in the design, implementation and delivery of software solutions for Epredia’s existing range of anatomical pathology laboratory equipment and future digital imaging platforms. Working closely with product development teams (including other software engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, verification and validation engineers, technicians, technical leads, and project managers) to support and implement development frameworks and test frameworks for all aspects of software: from low level integration with the hardware, through to application/graphical user interface software, production test software, investigative analysis and migration from obsolete hardware. Control of release versions to verification and validation.
The software is developed in C/C++ and utilizes modern software development processes within a regulated (BSEN62304) life cycle.
The engineer could be working remotely, but giving on-site support to manufacturing in Runcorn, Cheshire when needed.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Support and implement embedded software development environments using Jenkins and other continuous integration processes.
- Coordination of Atlassian Suite instances including Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Source Control Management, Issue Management, Continuous Integration.
- Use applicable software engineering tools e.g. IDEs, compilers, build processes, debuggers, emulators and test frameworks.
- Perform Unit and system testing
- Responsible for the full software development life-cycle.
- Programming in C/C++, RTOS.
BS EN ISO13485 – clause 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority for tasks affecting product quality:
This role involves the following tasks which can affect product quality:
Software Requirements Analysis; Software Architectural Design and Documentation; Software Detailed Design and Documentation; Software implementation adhering to coding standards and software development process; Code review and code walk through; Software Unit Testing; Software Integration Testing; System Test; Defect root cause analysis and resolution; Review of Manuals.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in an engineering or computer science discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO 13485, BS EN ISO 62304, BS EN ISO 14971.
- Software development experience within either the Medical Device sector (or similar highly regulated environment) or digital imaging.
- Desire to learn new best practice C++ embedded techniques.
- Programming in C#, QT, Windows 10 API, SQL.
- Knowledge of modern Microcontrollers and their IDEs/ build tools.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Expert level capability with Windows IoT / Yocto.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity best practice
Epredia offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and are driven by innovation and the desire to improve the lives of our patients, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of five business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Epredia does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Epredia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Journey. Epredia is on a journey to create an inclusive environment where we celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest from all walks of life and backgrounds. Your candidacy will be reviewed regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
Posted 26 days ago