At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Pathologist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Study Pathologist (m/f/d) for all types of early and regulatory studies ensure highly scientific evaluation and interpretation of pathology data (macroscopical and histopathological) by concurrent adherence to all appropriate international regulatory guidelines and GLP principles; this includes also peer reviews of in-house studies and studies performed at CROs with special focus on carcinogenicity studies
- Contribute your profound and broad toxicologic pathology expertise to the preclinical development of drug candidates
- Guide trouble-shooting with classical methods and innovative strategies in case of unexpected study results
- Contribute to interdisciplinary non-clinical developmental projects and to phase-transition and regulatory submission documents
- Be responsible for the training and advice of younger colleagues within the group
- Strive continuously for improvement of criteria for efficiency, quality and safety
- Be active in assuring safe working conditions in the laboratories
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in veterinary medicine or equivalent, board certified ECVP or ACVP or equivalent in addition
- Long-term working toxicologic pathology experience in pharmaceutical industries or nonclinical Contract Research Organizations in GLP regulated environment and including all common lab animal species and all types of submission relevant studies
- Experience in evaluation and assessment of chronic and carcinogenicity studies – transgenic (mouse) and 2 years (rat and mouse)
- Strong scientific expertise as basis for national and international cooperation with other functions (e.g. research support, global project management, establishment of new methods) and experience with contribution to regulatory submission documents
- Strong leadership and management skills as well as experience in leading a larger group of technicians
- Experience in special techniques as AI, digital pathology and RNAscope is a plus
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; willingness to learn German
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 598549