Full Job Description
Cernostics is a leading AI tissue diagnostics company. We apply artificial intelligence and spatial biology to tissue diagnostics, delivering precision diagnostic testing to patients and physicians that improve clinical outcomes. Our first commercial assay, the TissueCypher Barrett’s Esophagus Assay, is the world’s first precision medicine test that predicts future development of esophageal cancer in patients with Barrett’s Esophagus (BE).
We are seeking a highly motivated full-time Software Development Engineer to join our dynamic, multidisciplinary team of software architects, software developers, bioinformaticians, and scientists. The position will be based at our facility in Pittsburgh, PA. The purpose of the position is to develop and optimize image analysis algorithms and to develop tools to automate digital pathology-based workflows.
- Develop and optimize image analysis algorithms.
- Develop tools to automate digital pathology-based workflows.
- Review and contribute to the existing code base (mainly in MatLab, Python, C++ and C#).
- Develop new code.
- Write and automate unit and integration testing.
- Participate in code reviews, troubleshoot software issues, and comply with Cernostics’ policies, procedures, and coding standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or similar, including at least 2 years of college-level programming courses and signal processing courses.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and/or Python, especially with Image Processing and Signal Processing.
- Experience programming with C++.
- Experience with image analysis methods, including convolutions, color space conversions, and segmentation algorithms.
- Experience with medical images, especially pathology images and fluorescence microscopy images.
- Experience with basic statistical techniques, such as creating summary statistics and performing basic hypothesis testing.
- Preferred experience with at least one of the following classification methods as applied to images: tree-based classifiers, support vector machines, deep learning classifiers, or comparable methods.
- Preferred experience with MATLAB Parallel Computing Toolbox.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms and services (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Must follow good programming practices, such as writing unit tests and documenting all work.
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exhibit strong ability to work in a team-oriented, standard operating procedure-driven environment.
Cernostics is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age and disability (so long as such disability can be reasonably accommodated) or any other status protected by applicable law. Cernostics encourages all qualified applicants to apply.