UDS Global CTO Leader – Remote USA
The UDS Global CTO Leader is part of UDS presales and plays a critical part in the UDS workload focused go-to-market. In this role you will lead a team of industry experts and also serve as an expert in a specific industry and for unstructured storage in general representing the UDS team within Dell.
The UDS CTO team is focused on verticals and horizontals that make up a large portion of UDS revenue including but not limited to Genomics, Digital Pathology, ADAS, Capital Markets, AI, HPC, EDA, and Media and Entertainment. This team is critical for supporting these workloads and have deep expertise in these industries. Each CTO regularly participates in customer meetings with executives within their area of expertise, presenting as a keynote in conferences and participating in or leading industry specific panels.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and the UDS CTO team always steps up to the mark. They serve as industry specific SMEs that can connect our solutions to outcomes in the verticals they focus on at any level.
What you’ll achieve
As the UDS Global CTO Leader, you will be responsible for recruiting, managing and developing a highly specialized team of industry experts. This highly visible and impactful role serves as a key player in the Systems Engineering organization, and acts as a trusted member of the UDS leadership team.
- Serve as the UDS Global CTO, engaging with strategic customers and evangelizing UDS solutions both internally and externally
- Oversee a team of Global UDS CTOs each focused on a specific vertical or horizontal. This team is deployed in our most complex and challenging vertical environments
- Develop and execute technical engineering selling strategies and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Inspire team’s technical development and customer knowledge
- Build, maintain & communicate reporting on key operational metrics
- Build strategy for collecting and consolidating feedback from each vertical and incorporating into our product development plans
- Heavily influence product direction and planning as it relates to verticals and horizontals
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 15 to 18 years of related experience with 10 years of managing and mentoring teams of high-performing technology professionals with a proven track record in technology sales/consulting
- Excellent analytical skills and with an ability to communicate and gain consensus across functions on complex subjects through effective data-based storytelling
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and ensure optimal team engagement
- Successful track record in establishing, maintaining, and managing customer and stakeholder relationships at Manager, Director, VP and C levels
- Technical at a strategic level, able to hold industry level discussions and contribute to strategy as it relates to the areas below (Verticals and Horizontals)
- Student of the markets of Data, and Unstructured Data Storage, and Cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life – while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.