So…you are already doing digital pathology in your institution but would like to scale it, take it to the next level? How do you do it, where do you start?
In this episode my guest, Mark Zarella, PhD (previously Johns Hopkins University, currently Mayo Clinic) explains how he did exactly that at Johns Hopkins University.
He talks about:
- What is important when evaluating whole slide scanners and how to choose the best whole slide scanner for you
- How he organized and managed the whole slide images at Johns Hopkins University
- How he scaled the operations from ca. 10K slides to ca. 750K slides a year
- How he ensured interoperability of systems
- How he approached automated slide quality control